Friday, August 29, 2014

Preschool Starts, Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall.

Lucas walks into his first day of preschool like a big boy.  He was wobbly with the bag pack on but walked much better without it.  He lets me hold his hand and he follows me.  I still send him to school with his stroller. But, he is getting better at walking with holding hands.



Lucas can climb down stairs better now.  At home, he can climb up and down the small staircase from the living room to the dining room - about 8 steps- all by himself.  He can climb up the long staircase but still needs  help coming down.  He holds my hand and the rail. 

Lucas gets impatient with the merry go round.  He says, "forget this, I'm outta here!"  Interesting exit plan.
He used to be scared of the ball blower sound and would freak out.  Now, he can't get enough of this.  He pushes the button by himself to start it.  I sometimes hold him up  and he likes the feel of the breeze on his face and catching the balls that pop up. 



L is much more vocal now.  He makes these sounds all day long.  I think this is a very good precursor to speech and I can't wait for him to start talking soon!  I know it will happen.  

Lucas has broken his glasses 3 times, lost one lens once which I found in the car.  Still hates wearing them, but I am persistent in keeping them on.  

Lucas gives kisses on demand and now puckers up instead of sticking his tongue out.  The best milestone, yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment